Pike Fold Golf Club was founded in 1909 on the site of Tweedale Hill Farm, which lay between the present Plant Hill Road and Crab Lane, Blackley.

In 1920 the club moved to Henshalls Farm, off Cooper Lane, where it remained until 1998. In that year the the club was forced to close to accommodate the M60 motorway.

The present course was opened in 1999 on Back O'th Moss Farm and is maturing into a fine nine hole course renowned for its excellent USGA greens.

The new 18 hole course opened in the Spring of 2008 and has since received excellent reviews. The next milestone in the history of Pike Fold Golf Club will be the much anticipated centenary year in 2009.